Minimum qualification required for submission of application:
For ALL Applicants: Must have at least 50% marks either in Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto from any recognized university.
For SC/ST/Differently able category: Applicant must have at least 45% marks either in Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree as per the NCTE, State Govt. and CU rules.
For In-service/deputed Applicants: Applicant must be a untrained teacher in a Govt. approved / recognized / aided school and teaching in the IX – XII level. He/she must have at least 50% marks either in Graduation or in Post Graduation or in both levels from any recognized university.
For Secondary level: 10% weight
For Higher Secondary level: 20% weight
For Graduation level: 10% (Pass) or 30% (Hons)
For Post graduation level: 35% weight
For M.Phil.: 3 marks
For Ph.D.: 5 marks
(If both M.Phil. & Ph.D. degree is there, marks for Ph.D. only will be given)
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2017 – 19
* The B.Ed. Section is recognized by N.C.T.E. [ 2007], accredited by NAAC [B (2014)] & affiliated to the University of Calcutta. Rules & regulations of N.C.T.E., C.U. & the State Govt. are followed by the Section .
* The Section offers a two years’ Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] course .
* Course is open to both men & women with graduation & Post graduation degrees . In-service/Deputed teachers & freshers are admitted .
* Total No. of Seats/intake capacity is 50 [ Deputed – 25, Fresher – 25]
* If the Deputed seats remain unfulfilled, they will be de-reserved as per the rules & the same will be offered to the Fresher candidates .
* Teachers serving in private schools which are not recognized by the Govt. cannot be considered as deputed teachers .
* The ratio of home university students (i.e. those from CU) to Other University students shall be 80 : 20.
* Students migrating from other university will have to obtain Migration Certificate and submit the same with in one month from the date of admission. These candidates have to be registered by themselves to the CU following the normal rules & regulation of the University.
* Selection will be made strictly in order of merit on the basis of grade marks/score for the fresher candidates. Merit/score for the valid in-service applicants will be made on the basis of valid teaching experience [date of joining] of them.
* Method subjects offered :
Bengali, English, History, Education, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Mathematics, Physical Science [Physics & Chemistry]
* Admission of Candidate will be strictly restricted to graduates having subjects which are offered as method subjects in the college.
* Reservation of seats for B.Ed. admission:
a] SC – 22%
b] ST – 6%
c] Differently able category – 3% [if it is not available from C.U., it will be filled up from other university]
d] Other University – 20%
* Age limit
For deputed [General ] – 45 years [as on 30th June]
For fresher [General] – 40 years [as on 30th June]
Age limit is relaxable by five years for the students belonging to SC/ST/ Differently able category .
* Eligibility criteria for :
1] Deputed : candidates shall be selected only on the basis of period of approved service in the secondary schools and at the same time they must have at least 50% marks either in Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto from any recognized university.
2] Fresher : candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for application.
3] SC/ST/ Differently able category : minimum 45% marks in Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree as per State Govt. rules.
* Deputed candidates are required to produce attested copies of the M.C. Resolution recommending the deputation, the Recommendation letter from the SSC, the sanctioning Govt. Memo approving service and the last pay certificate countersigned by D.I. of schools concerned.
* S.C/S.T./ Differently able category candidates mast furnish certificate issued by appropriate authorities.
* Candidates must produce at the time of verification their original certificates, Mark-sheets, school final certificate as age proof , registration certificate of C.U. & certificates of co-curricular activities .
* Deputed teacher trainees will have to submit release order from school on the date of his /her joining this institution .
* Normally B.Ed. classes commence on and from 1st working day of July every year.
* College authorities reserve the right to cancel his /her admission without giving any intimation to him/her ,if the trainees concerned fail to join the college within 15[fifteen] days after the commencement of the classes, unless otherwise permitted by the Principal/Professor –in-charge [B.Ed. section]
* A committee with Principal/Head/Teacher-in-charge in the Chair & Teacher representatives as members will be formed for the verification of documents.
* Merit list will be prepared on the basis of total points awarded in different exams.
* The following marks are allotted for calculation of academic performance for admission to B.Ed. Course as per C.U. norms.
|Sl. No.||Academic performance||Weightage given||Score to be obtained
|Highest Marks be awarded if having both degrees
|2.||M.A./M.Sc/M.Com.||35||% of marks x .35|
|3.||[a] B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. with Hons. / Major / Spl. Hons.||30||% of marks x .30|
|[b] B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. Pass / General||
% of marks x .10
|4.||H.S. [10+2] or equivalent||20||% of marks x .20|
|5.||M.P. / S.F. or equivalent||10||% of marks x .10|
* Division of seats [for fresher candidates only] according to the method subjects available [including General, S.C, S.T.& Other Univ.]
|Method Subject||Seats||General||SC||ST||Other Univ.|
(Physics & Chemistry)
And for differently able candidate – 01
[Total – 25 seats].
* Vacant seats due to unavailability of students in a particular method paper will be transferred and adjusted, according to the demand of seats, to other method papers.
* There will be no division of seats according to method paper for the deputed candidates. The deputed seats will be divided according to the following rules:
[Total – 25 seats]
*All merit lists are provisional in nature. The College Authority has every right to rectify and/or correct / amend the merit lists in order to maintain the general rules and regulations as and when necessary.